Monday, December 28, 2015

What I Miss from Home

I started this list a few weeks after arriving in Austria; just little things I remembered about home that at some point had popped up in my head for long enough to give me a chance to write them down. After the new year begins, I'll be starting a list of what I'll miss from this new home and posting it shortly before returning.

1) family dinners at Grandma's and drinking coffee after dessert in the kitchen
2) driving
3) getting and going through the mail after I get home from school
4) eating Schwan's ice cream for lunch
5) the comfy swivel chairs in the school library
6) Christmas catalogs
7) ground beef
8) English projects
9) ABC World News with David Muir at 5:30 every night with Dad
10) vanilla coffee creamer
11) reading books in English
12) walking Alex
13) yelling obscenities at Kathryn and Jozee and Siri in the hallway
14) the public library
15) Spanish class
16) watching Cartoon Network while laying on the floor with Dad and Bradley and Alex
17) chai lattes from Beans 'n Things
18) snow
19) sales at the Book Station the first Saturday of every month
20) the Mexican restaurant
21) dance
22) going to the Barnes & Noble in Great Falls after orthodontist appointments
23) Harry Potter marathons on ABC Family
24) Showdown, and their French fries
25) watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette
26) egg nog
27) Schwan's frozen toaster waffles

*this list is not titled Who I Miss from Home, so if you (Mom) aren't specifically mentioned, please don't be offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment